Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 3 EOC

The goal of most companies it would seem, other than making profits, is to provide great customer service in the hopes that customers will continue to return to their brands (thus making greater profits). Nowhere was this more apparent than the first time I purchased an Apple computer. It was my second year at the University of Utah and my HP Pavilion computer had just crashed. I tried numerous times to get the computer fixed in a prompt matter but no matter which store I took it to get it fixed it was not going to happen quickly nor at a price point in which purchasing another computer wasn’t the better option. After the hassle with the company, and my general ambivalence toward the Microsoft operating systems, I decided that it was time to purchase a MacBook. The process was amazingly simple from the very beginning, I logged onto apple.com to set up a personal selling appointment and told my parents to come into town. When we first walked into the store we were greeted immediately, me by name since I worked at the store next door and spent all my breaks in their store browsing and buying products, and our expert Matt showed us to the MacBooks. We outlined what I used my computer for the most and Matt was easily able to explain and showcase the numerous models and inform us as to which one was probably the most prudent choice for me. The best part about the experience however was probably at the end when we checked out. The Apple Genius’ were able to extract all my files from previous crashed hard drive and import and organize them onto my new Mac as well as pre set up my wireless internet connection from the store and installing some programs that we had purchased at the store. This in and of itself was spectacular, but what was even better was that they had originally said it may take a day for them to complete this task (we purchased the computer on a Saturday, a very busy time for the store) however they had it set up and ready for me to use in a matter of hours. I was ecstatic and will never turn back to another non-Apple version of a product. The experience in turn also made my father dispose of our two family desktop PCs that we had at our house as well as his personal laptop and purchase two new iMacs and a MacBook Pro for himself, and then also a MacBook Pro for my sister to match mine when she graduated high school this past year. The exceptional customer service at Apple only solidified my loyalty to their brand, but it changed the mind of my father (seeing as the rest of us were already Apple fanatics) and they gained his loyalty as well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home